Veronica Mars meets the World of Warcraft in The Astonishing Mistakes of Dahlia Moss, a mystery romp with a most unexpected heroine.
You’d think that after I took a bullet in my arm following my last case that I’d be timid about going in guns blazing a second time. But you’d be wrong. I faced down death, and the only bad thing that happened was that I got a cool scar. Which is a like a tattoo, but with street cred.
I may have been a little overconfident this time. And that may have seriously clouded my judgment. Some small, but confidently made, mistakes include:
- Unwisely meeting up with an internet stalker in real life.
- Eating a large breakfast before discovering a corpse.
- Standing uncomfortably close to the edge of a steamboat while musing that nothing bad could possibly happen.
- Kidnapping, again
That’s the thing about a sense of invulnerability — you usually get it right before things go terribly, terribly, wrong.
Dahlia Moss Mysteries
- The Unfortunate Decisions of Dahlia Moss (2015)
- The Astonishing Mistakes of Dahlia Moss (2017)
- The Questionable Behavior of Dahlia Moss (upcoming)